How to fill out your Affidavit of Support

Immigration Pro tip for people filling out an Affidavit of Support Form I-864:

Affidavit of Support
Total income from form IRS 1040

When you get to this section on Page 5, please read the question carefully.
You need to put your “Total Income” if you file an IRS form 1040, like the majority of tax payers.

If you filed your taxes on the lesser used form 1040EZ, you need to put your Adjusted Gross Income “AGI” .

I see this mistake way too often. It leads to RFEs.

Hire an experienced immigration attorney today, to help you reunite with your family.

Appointments | Alo Legal LLC

Leave a Reply